Master’s Programme in Advanced Energy Solutions
Kuva: Adolfo Vera
There is an ongoing transition towards sustainable energy which combines smartness, flexibility and environmental performance with a customer acceptance and engagement. New energy system will be a complex combination of central and local resources. This calls for new thinking of primary sources, production, markets, transmission, use and customers as producer-consumers (prosumers).
To enable this transition, a multi-disciplinary approach is needed that combines several views of the energy system through the whole chain from primary energy resources till efficient energy use. Key factors in the implementation of sustainable energy future are digitalization, new thinking in the energy markets and conversion of passive energy users to active prosumers. In the energy demand side, a massive transformation is being made towards intelligent and energy efficient buildings and communities as well as intelligent and electrified transportation.
The purpose of this Master´s programme is to educate a new generation of people to face these vast challenges and to implement the radical changes needed in our societies. The students graduating will be provided with a solid basic understanding of energy sources, energy utilization and energy systems, with the specialization of some key area of development needed for our sustainable energy future.
The program has four majors. In each of them, students will be provided a solid theoretical background, complimented with interdisciplinary studies to broaden and deepen the understanding of energy challenges in our society.
Majors of the Advanced Energy Solutions (AAE) are:
- Sustainable Energy Systems and Markets (School of Electrical Engineering, ELEC)
- Sustainable Energy in Buildings and Built Environment (School of Engineering, ENG)
- Industrial Energy Processes and Sustainability (School of Chemical Engineering, CHEM)
- Sustainable Energy Conversion Processes (School of Engineering, ENG)
Sisältöä ei löytynyt
- School of Chemical Technology: Department of Biotechnology and Chemical Technology
- School of Electrical Engineering: Department of Electrical Engineering and Automation
- School of Engineering: Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Energy Garage
- External admission pages