The doctoral programme committee comprises a chair and 6 professorial members merited in doctoral education and representing the central fields of research of the school. In addition, the committee has a doctoral candidate member representing the fields of research of the school.
The term of the doctoral programe committee is three calendar years, except for the term of the doctoral candidate, for whom it is always one year.
The doctoral programme committee is on summer break 29.6-9.8.2020. During this time no new decisions will be made.
Deadline for applications Meeting date Graduation: The degree certificate is ready Graduation ceremony Wed 12 August Thu 27 August Thu 10 September Wed 23 September at 4 pm Wed 2 September Thu 17 September Thu 1 October Wed 23 September at 4 pm Wed 7 October Thu 22 October Thu 5 November Wed 28 October Thu 12 November Thu 26 November Mon 30 November Tue 15 December To be updated
The duties of the Doctoral Programme Committee are to
- develop the content of the doctoral programmes and the joint studies offered by the school;
- put forth proposals to the school academic committee on the fields of research in doctoral programmes;
- prepare proposals for the dean on admission of doctoral students;
- appoint the preliminary examiners of dissertations and decide on the permission for public defence of dissertation;
- appoint the opponents for doctoral dissertations;
- evaluate the dissertations;
- appoint the examiners of licentiate theses;
- evaluate licentiate theses; and
- perform other duties assigned to it by the dean or in the degree regulations.
Committee has assinged the following tasks to the Chair (June 2018):
- to appoint a supervising professor and advisor(s) for the doctoral student after the commencement of studies but before the start of the preliminary examination;
- to decide on the degree language of the doctoral student and on the topic and language of the licentiate or doctoral degree after the commencement of studies but before the start of the preliminary examination;
- to confirm the study plans of doctoral students however, so that the chair can transfer the student's study plan to the Doctoral Programme Committee, for example, if the decision requires a broader discussion; and
- to decide on the time and language of the of public examination of the doctoral dissertation and appoint the custos for it if these have not been decided in connection with the appointment of the opponent or if this information is changed;
The Chair also decides on
- the full-time status changes for the chair to decide. The status is defined in admission.
- decide on research field changes after the commencement of studies.
Members of Doctoral Programme Committee 1.1.2020 - 31.12.2022
|Member||1. Deputy member||2. Deputy member|
Prof. Ari Sihvola (chair)
|Prof. Themistoklis Charalambous||Prof. Esa Ollila||Prof. Stephan Sigg|
|Prof. Mervi Paulasto-Kröckel||Prof. Arto Visala||Prof. Matti Lehtonen|
|Prof. Hele Savin||Prof. Ilkka Tittonen||Prof. Konstantin Simovski|
|prof. Tarik Taleb||Prof. Heikki Hämmäinen||Prof. Antti Oulasvirta|
|Prof. Vesa Välimäki||Prof. Sergiy Vorobyov||Prof. Risto Wichman|
|Doct. cand Vladislav Khayrudinov||Doct. cand. Jarno Lähteenmäki||1.1.2020-31.12.2020|