Students of School of Business at Aalto University
If you are a student of the BSc. programme Economics and Business Administration at the Aalto University School of Business* you do not need to apply in the master's admissions to this Master's programme. For further information on continuing to this Master’s programme:
- Otaniemi students: Please see Jatkaminen maisteriohjelmaan
- Mikkeli students: Please see Continuing to Master's programs
- Do you want to change your degree programme?
Changing your degree programme
The instructions below apply only to students who already have a right to study in a master’s programme. Students pursuing a bachelor’s degree apply for a right to study in a master’s programme when finishing their bachelor’s degree.
Master’s degree students may apply for a change of degree programme on reasonable grounds. Your eligibility for changing to another programme depends on whether you were admitted through a separate master’s-level admissions procedure to pursue only a master’s degree or earned a bachelor’s degree at the Aalto University School of Business in Helsinki first and then continued your studies towards the master's degree.
Students with a bachelor’s degree from the Aalto University School of Business wishing to change to another master’s programme
Criteria for changing to another master’s programme
- You can apply only to a master’s programme to which you are eligible on the basis of your bachelor’s degree programme. Depending on your background see either Jatkaminen maisteriohjelmaan (Otaniemi students) or Continuing to Master's programs (Mikkeli students).
- Changing to another master’s programme also requires that your programme of choice has available student places and is willing to admit you as a student. The programme may reject applicants in cases where, for instance, they have failed to demonstrate adequate progress of studies or academic performance in their current degree studies.
Students admitted directly to a specific degree programme through a separate admissions procedure
Students who were admitted directly to a master’s programme in or after 2011 cannot change to another degree programme. Students who gained admission before that year may change to another degree programme, provided the criteria listed below are satisfied.
- The student would have been admitted to the degree programme to which he or she now seeks admission in the year he or she was admitted to his or her current master’s programme.
- The master’s programme to which the student is applying to has student places available, i.e. it did not fill the maximum number of student places in the year the applicant was admitted to his or her current programme. The programme determines the availability of student places based on the number of students originally admitted in that year and any students who have changed to the programme since then. For statistics on student admissions, see the Studies site.
- The master’s programme sought to is willing to admit the student. The programme may reject applicants in cases where, for instance, they have failed to demonstrate adequate progress of studies or academic performance in their current degree studies.
Submitting your application
You can bring your application and the supporting materials to the Learning Services Help Desk, leave it in the Learning Services mailbox, or e-mail them as a SINGLE PDF FILE to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Learning Services staff will contact the degree programme staff regarding your change of master’s programme. Based on a statement by the degree programme, the vice dean for education will make a decision on the matter, usually within two to three weeks of the arrival of the application.
If your application is accepted, you will be asked to draw up a personal study plan (HOPS) for your future studies in the new programme using the WebOodi eHops tool and to obtain approval for it from your new degree programme.
*kauppatieteiden kandidaattiohjelma in Otaniemi campus, or BScBA programme in International Business in Mikkeli campus
Other prospective graduate students
If you do not have a study right at Aalto University School of Business, please see the Admission website for information about applying in the Master’s admissions.