IDBM studies prepare you for a career in the creative industries and in businesses and other organisations that draw on creativity, design and technology as key components of their competitive positioning.
After their graduation, our students embarking on a career in the private or public sector typically work in domains such as:
- service design
- business design
- design and technology strategy
- product and project management
- development of product and service offering
- academic or design research
- innovation management, marketing
- creative direction, export management
- trend analysis and forecasting
These career opportunities exist both in large multinationals and in small start-ups, in a variety of fields. All kinds of organisations are starting to recognise the importance of design to retain their relevance and create better value. These businesses typically leverage design to create new products and services, often involving the latest technology and business venturing and entrepreneurship. These activities have been further supported by the vibrant start-up communities in Aalto University.