The Master's Thesis Award is an incentive for students to write outstanding Master's theses in field of Life Science Technologies and Well-being and to show case the findings to the society.
The thesis award amounts to 500 € per student. Five thesis will be rewarded per academic year. The price will be available for the academic years 2019-2020 and 2020-2021.
Students enrolled in Life Science Technologies Master’s programme are eligible after they
- have submitted their MSc thesis for evaluation
- have written the press release and authorized its publication on the programme’s web site "Press releases of LifeTech students"
Assessment of MSc thesis:
The assessment of individual theses submitted for the award is based on a two-stage process.
- eligible thesis will be short-listed by the members of the programme degree committee based on these two criteria
- Scientific excellence, grade must be 5
- thesis must be completed without any undue delay within the target time specified by the Schools
2. Press releases of short-listed MSc thesis projects will be evaluated by student members of the Programme Committee. In the second stage, the evaluation criteria is:
- the capability to communicate the research outcome and impact to a non-expert community (press release).
The thesis awards will decided in the first degree committee meeting of each academic year. First time, the price was given in August 2019 for MSc thesis approved during the academic year 2018-2019.
The names of the awardees and their thesis topics will be communicated annually to the donor of the Life Science Technologies Master's Thesis Award.
How to apply for the award:
After your master's thesis has been approved and graded and you are eligible for the award, you will be infomed of it by email. If you wish to apply for the award, reply to the email with the following information:
- name (as in passport)
- email (valid in August 2020)
- telephone number
For further information, contact the planning officer or study coordinator of your major.