Most of the forms are in PDF format. Fill in the form, print and deliver to the office of your degree programme. Free software Adobe Acrobat Reader for reading and printing pdf-documents can be found on the Adobe website. Do not use MacOS Preview application, because it is known to cause problems with forms.
The filling of the pdf forms is not supported by some versions of Firefox. In case of problems, open the pdf form in another web browser (e.g. Chrome or Internet Explorer).
Forms for credit transfer
- Application for credit transfer in the form of inclusion
- Application for credit transfer in the form of substitution
- Credit transfer for language studies completed at another higher education institution
Forms for Bachelor's thesis
- 108 Maturity essay
- 107 Evaluation of bachelor's thesis
- Approval of topic of bachelor's thesis (ONLY for students of engineering physics and mathematics!)
Forms for Master's thesis
- Approval of topic of Master's thesis
- 207 Evaluation and approval of Master's thesis (electronic eAge-form)
Abstract of Master's thesis (please see Master's thesis page or forms for Degree regulations 2005)
Forms for graduation
- 110 Request for degree certificate (electronic eAge-form)
- 505 Power of Attorney for Receipt of Degree Certificate (to authorize the school to send your degree certificate by mail.)
Forms for other study affairs
- 502 Applying for extension to the right to study
- 504 Notification of renouncing a study right
- A005 Application for readmission (return of the right to study)
- Application for the exemption from the obligatory foreign language requirement (only for the students of Master's Programmes)
- Application for enrolment as a non-attending student in the first year of study
Application for the right to pursue non-graduate studies
- Return address:
Forms for Outgoing exchange students
Application Form for outgoing exchange students (online form) is open during the application period (until 4.15 pm.)
1. Please open the electronic application form at https://aalto.moveon4.com/form/52208c1a0f9d30975c000000/eng.
Please note that you can access the application form only during application periods.
2. Sign in with your Aalto credentials. Open the info page at Start a new application. The application consists of several pages. The headlines of the pages (altogether 10 pages) can be seen on the left.
3. Please fill in the application page by page. Tick the box on Mark page as complete when you have answered all the questions on that page. You can save the application from and continue filling it in later (during the application period).
4. List the exchange places you wish to apply for (maximum 3 options) on the page List of exchange places in an order of preference. +Destination allows you to add more options.
5. On the page Relevant documents to be uploaded please add the scanned, relevant application documents (singed Learning Agreement or Study plan, Official Transcript of Records, possible Language certificate) in PDF format. The maximum size of one file is 2 MB. You need to add a singed Learning Agreement or Study plan on each destination option (1-3 options) you are applying for. However, one Transcript of Records and one Language certificate per language suffice.
- You can find more information on the Into pages of your School. Please see in Into the headline Internationalisation and studying abroad
NB. Please dot copy text to the application form (e.g. from Word) - this can lock the application and prevent the pdf document to be uploaded.
6. Send the application by clicking Submit.
7. Please do not close the browser and wait until the programme produces a PDF copy of your application. Please save the PDF copy as a receipt of the submitted application. In case you don’t get the PDF or you cannot print it, contact the coordinator of exchange studies at your School. Please do not fill in another application!
8. Sign out from the application system.
9. Please hand in the paper application = PDF application print and the original application documents (attachments such as Transcript) to the coordinator of exchange studies at your School. Please note that the application is NOT COMPLETE before you have handed in the PDF application print and the original application documents to your School’s coordinator. The paper applications are to be handed in the latest the following day after the application deadline at 16.15 PM Finnish time.
10. After submitting the application you cannot make changes in it. If you have questions on your application please contact the coordinator of exchange studies at your School.
- 404 Language certificate - English/French (attachment to your online form)
- 405 Language certificate - German (attachment to your online form)
- 406 Study Plan Form (attachment to your online form)
- 402 Free mover Application Form (pdf) only for specified purposes
Outgoing Erasmus students
Study plan form, which is an attachment to your online application form:
- 412 Erasmus Learning Agreement form (PDF)
412 Erasmus Learning Agreement form (Word)
- Confirmation form for accepting the Erasmus+ grant (you will get the form from your coordinator)
- Erasmus+ Letter of Confirmation (to be returned after the exchange period)
Announcement concerning the number of children (for those applying for the Erasmus+ family benefit)