The Student Ambassador programme is part of Aalto University’s joint strategic initiative called Programme Attractiveness. In 2017-2018, the Student Ambassador Programme is only open to students studying in the degree programmes that participate as pilots in the strategic initiative. The Student Ambassadors for the academic year 2017-2018 have already been selected. The Student Ambassador activities run from November 2017 until the end of July/August 2018.
The information on this page will be updated and completed during November 2017.
Student Ambassador Meetings
- Meeting on 15 November (PPT presentation)
Presentation material for Student Ambassadors
The presentation has to be downloaded from Aalto's material bank (link above).Before using this presentation, please check the notes section and prepare the My Story parts of the presentation. You may edit the presentation so that it meets your needs and the given time frame. If you give the whole presentation, it will take appx. 45 minutes.
The amount of printed material has been reduced in recent years. The only joint printed material is a flyer, which aims to stir interest and guide people to search further information about the offered study options both on the Aalto website and other Aalto channels.
You may also take with you Aalto stickers if you are going to give a presentation about Aalto abroad.
You can get the flyers and the stickers from the reception desk at Dipoli (Otakaari 24). Please write an email to Saara Koskinen (saara.koskinen(a)aalto.fi) preferably a week before you wish to collect the materials. In the email, please tell the number of flyers and stickers you wish to take with you.
Planning the visits
The student ambassador has to fill in and submit the Travel Plan (please see the link below) in order to receive the compensation for the travel expenses. The student should send an e-mail to saara.koskinen(a)aalto.fi when the form has been sent. Ambassador administration team (AAT) will process the plans within approximately a week and confirms, rejects or asks for more details about the travel plans. When the AAT approves the plan, they also confirm the amount of the compensation. The student will make the travel arrangements and the travel expenses will be reimbursed on the basis of the booking confirmation in accordance with the AAT’s decision.
After the presentation or visit
- A picture and a short quote which can be shared in Aalto's social media channels should be sent by email to Saara (saara.koskinen(a)aalto.fi)
- The student ambassador is encouraged to share the picture in his/her own social media channel(s) with a short text and the hashtags #aaltouniversity, #madeinaalto, and #aaltoambassadors
- The ambassadors are asked to fill in and submit the Feedback Form (please see the link below)
Forms & lists
- Travel Plan (link to Webropol form)
- Feedback Form (link to Webropol form)
- List of visits (googledocs)
- Personal data form
If you have any questions about the Student Ambassador Programme or the materials, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Saara Koskinen, Marketing Specialist, Communications (saara.koskinen(a)aalto.fi)
- Katri Ventus, Project Manager, Programme Attractiveness JSI (katri.ventus(a)aalto.fi)
- Kimmo Rautio, Specialist, External Customer Services - Admissions (kimmo.rautio(a)aalto.fi)