Barrier-free access to the campus area and buildings
Accessibility in the campus area and buildings
- Campus maps
- The service map provides detailed information on the accessibility of the buildings. The university organises teaching in several buildings. All buildings are equipped with ramps and wheelchair accessible toilets. If you need help getting around, you can turn to the building porters. The majority of campus cafeterias are wheelchair accessible.
- Aalto Space mobile app for finding and booking space.
- Arriving on campuses (aalto.fi)
- Opening hours of buildings (aalto.fi)
Should any physical barrier get in the way your studies, please notify the building porter of the nearest building or the nearest LES service point.
- You can also call +358 50 464 6462 (Aalto APUA, instructions on Inside), email to firstname.lastname@example.org or report the problem online on the building maintenance service request form (requires Aalto login).
- Also notify the relevant staff of any service disruptions (elevators, stairlifts, toilets) and maintenance delays you have noticed (piled up snow etc.)
- Instructions in case of emergency
The accessibility of learning and research services and the usability of electronic services
- We recommend specifying any individual study arrangements you may need when confirming your acceptance of an offer of admission at Aalto. Please also see individual study arrangements.
- To check the compatibility of your personal assistive devices with the Aalto IT environment, ask the IT service desk or email to: email@example.com
For useful information and additional information on accessibility and barrier-free design, see:
- Diverse learners
- IT policies and guidelines
- Accessibility wikisite: Accessible Aalto University (wiki.aalto.fi)
- Inclusive Higher Education project’s (ESOK) website (by finnish)
- Aalto University implementation plan for accessible learning