Extent: 24 credits
Responsible professors: Ass. Prof. Jukka Luoma
Target group: School of Business degree students only
Application procedure: Degree students at Aalto School of Business do not need to separately apply for a study right for the minor.
Upon the completion of the Minor in Strategic Marketing, the student will:
- understand how marketing contributes to the competitive advantage and financial performance of a firm;
- understand the challenges brought about by competition, industry characteristics and firm’s environment more broadly;
- be able to develop a firm’s strategy and business model in a market-oriented way; and
- be able to make strategic decisions about what kind of products, services, and business models the firm (or other organization) should develop and how.
Structure of studies 24 cr
Choose 6-12 cr from the following courses:
|Strategy and marketing from a business history perspective||6 cr||I|
1) Self-study course, offered only for non-Finnish speaking Aalto School of Business MSc-students.
Choose 12-18 cr from the following courses:
2) Replaces courses 23E53000 Brands in Strategic Marketing and 23E53050 Merkkituotteet strategisessa markkinoinnissa.