Basic information of the minor
Extent: 24 cr
Teacher in charge: Henri Weijo
Administrative contact: Tatiana Penttinen
Target Group: All Aalto MSc students
Application procedure: All Aalto students are eligible to choose this minor. However, many courses have maximum student intake and students are selected according to the order of priority confirmed in the course description. Students should also pay attention to course-specific prerequisites and reflect on their own ability to successfully complete the course.
Content and structure of the minor
Minor studies in Marketing offer a student with
- fundamental understanding of the behaviour of the markets and customers and the skills needed to apply this knowledge when developing and implementing marketing strategies;
- fundamental understanding of the different strategies, practicalities and tools of market and customer oriented businesses; and
- abilities to conduct market research to produce and acquire information about markets, customers and business environments to support decision-making in the context of certain business situations.
Structure of studies 24 cr
Choose four courses from the following:
|23E21050||Marketing, Strategy and Firm Performance||6 cr||III|
I, not lectured 2020-21
|23E25000||Kaupan liiketoimintamallit ja markkinointi||6 cr||I, not lectured 2021-22|
|23E28000||Consumer Culture||6 cr||II and IV|
V - summer 2020
|23E50010||Managing Value-Based Selling||6 cr||II|
|MARK-E0046||Digitalization of Markets and Consumption||6 cr||IV|
|23E01000||Advanced Topics in Marketing: Retail Futures||6 cr||IV, not lectured 2020-21|
|MARK-E0001||Contemporary Marketing Issues Reading Package 2)||6 cr||I, II, III, IV and V|
1) Replaces courses 23E53010 Brand Performance Management, 23E53000 Brands in Strategic Marketing and 23E53050 Merkkituotteet strategisessa markkinoinnissa.
2) Replaces Reading Package 23E01000 Contemporary Issues in Marketing. Reading Package has to meet the requirements of the Minor and must be appoved by teacher in charge. Please contact Tatiana Penttinen in this case.
or max two C-level courses:
I-II and IV-V
II, not lectured 2021-22
I and IV
|MARK-C0021||Circular Economy & Markets of Tomorrow||6 cr||V, not lectured 2021-22|
|MARK-C0002||Advanced Topics in Marketing||3-6 cr||not lectured 2020-22|
3) Replaces course 23C61000 Kaupan liiketoimintamallit ja markkinointi.
4) Replaces course 23C72000 Customer Relationship Management.
5) Replaces course 23C79050 Innovations in an Age of Constant Change and 23C79000 New Product Development
For some of the courses the amount of participants is limited and therefore, it cannot be guaranteed that all the students taking marketing as minor studies can be registered for the course.