If a student, who has lost their study right, wants to continue studying, he/she needs to apply the university for returning the study right. When applying for the return, the student needs to have a feasible and goal-oriented plan for completing the degree within a reasonable time. The consideration whether the study right can be returned will be done on a case-by-case basis, taking into account completed studies, studies lacking from the degree, date of completing the studies and remaining study right (if limited).
1) If you have not enrolled for the academic year and the last time you enrolled was no more than one academic year ago
If you lose your right to study on account of failure to enrol for the academic year, you must apply for readmission.
Apply for readmission by filling in the pdf below. Submit the application form to the student services desk of your school. If more than one academic year has elapsed since you neglected to enrol, you must append an account of the reasons for failing to enrol and a goal-oriented and feasible plan showing how you will complete your studies within a reasonable period of time.
If you are readmitted and given the right to enrol, you will be charged a readmission fee of €35. Bachelor’s or master’s students who are enrolling as attending must pay, in addition to the readmission fee, the Aalto student union (AYY) membership fee. If you have a tuition fee liability, your tuition fee must also be paid before you can enrol as attending.
Readmission requires that you have sufficient time remaining in which to complete a degree or that you have received approval for an extension. Please note that despite being unable to complete studies due to neglecting to enrol as attending or non-attending, the time left to finish a degree will be reduced in the same way as for an attending student.
After you have filled in the application form, please send it by email to email@example.com.
2) If you have lost your study right for other reason or the last time of enrollment was more than one academic year ago
- If you were studying according to degree regulations 2005, please contact the planning officer of your department for further instructions. See "Transferring to DR 2013" below.
- If you were studying according to degree regulations 1995, please contact the planning officer of your department for further instructions. See "Transferring to DR 2013" below.
- If your right to study was for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Mikkeli, please contact Ms. Mari Syväoja (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If your right to study was for the doctoral degree, please contact Ms. Hanne Lehtinen (email@example.com).
Transferring to DR 2013
The Bachelor and Master level degree structures of Aalto University School of Business were renewed in 2013, when the new Degree Regulations 2013 became effective.
According to Degree Regulations 2005, the last date of graduation as a Bachelor of Science was on 15.7.2016, and as a Master of Science on 1.7.2016. After this, there is no possibility to graduate according to Degree Regulations 2005.
Notice that the language of the new BSc programme is Finnish, which implies that some courses may not be offered in English in the new degree structure. After having transferred to DR 2013 it is no longer possible to complete any courses from the degree structure 2005, unless the same courses are offered in degree structure 2013.
If you have any questions regarding the transferring to DR2013 or your PSP, please contact the planning officer at your department.