Study period Summer
Upcoming events and application periods
Graduation in July
Please note an extra graduation date in July 2018. Application DL 9 July 2018: study administration schedule.
Summer jobs for 25 students
We got plenty of applications and 25 Bachelor’s and master’s students who have made good progress in their studies, got a summer job in the research groups of the CHEM departments.
Amendment on credit transfer rules will enter into force 1 August 2018
The University Academic Affairs Committee (AAC) decided on amending the rules on credit transfer at its meeting on 10 April. The aim is to enhance the equal treatment of students and to simplify the process whereby learning gained elsewhere is recognised and identified.
For more information, please see: https://into.aalto.fi/display/enuutiset/AAC+decides+on+the+regulations+on+credit+transfer
If during summer you have time and energy, you can work for your studies as follow:
- Taking part in summer exams 29.6 and 3.8.
- Completing a training course. Registration for the course is open until 10th of June, assignments are returned to MyCourses.
- CHEM-E0130 Professional Training, 3-5 op
- CHEM-E0135 International Professional Training, 3-5 op
- Participating in summer studies
- Completing a course with varying content (CHEM-EV), e.g. an individual project or a book exam. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact faculty.
- Working on your Master's thesis (e.g. looking actively for a position or collecting material)
Did you miss the exchange application round? Apply for exchange for the spring semester 2019
Does studying in the Alps or in the tulip fields of the Netherlands sound good? Apply for student exchange for the spring semester 2019! There are still many exchange placements available. The application deadline is 20 September 2018.
The University grants a scholarship to all students going for exchange (1500€/semester) and helps with the application process. The studies completed during the exchange will be transferred to your degree at Aalto University. More information available in INTO. You can also search for exchange destinations via Destination Database.
Registration open for the language courses offered by the Universities of Applied Sciences in the Helsinki metropolitan area in autumn 2018
Registration for language courses organized by Haaga-Helia, Laurea and Metropolia is open until 31 May 2018. Course selection and instructions for registration: http://3amk-opintotarjonta.metropolia.fi (3AMK-kielitarjonta/language courses).
For more information, please see: https://into.aalto.fi/display/enopinnot/Language+and+communication+studies+for+Aalto+students+in+other+universities
Enrolment for the academic year 2018–2019
Please note: Enrolment is open in WebOodi 2 May - 14 September 2018.
Email and Aalto IT password
As the Aalto password needs to be changed in every 6 months, take care that your password will not expire during the summer months. You will receive several automatic email notifications before it expires.
Study period V
Upcoming events and application periods
Access into Chemistry building from the main lobby by using electronic key cards or HSL travel cards – effective from 23.4.
Access from the main lobby further into the chemistry building will be limited by electronic locks during office hours starting 23.4. Aalto University students can use their HSL card for access. The card must first be registered in https://idcard.aalto.fi. Staff can use their regular electronic key cards.
Idcard inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
Reminder: Rewarding students for speedy degree completion
The school wants to reward students who earn their degree within the target time, i.e. the normative duration of studies defined by law. The scholarship is awarded in the cases described below.
Students admitted to the School of Chemical Engineering to pursue both a bachelor’s and master’s degree:
- The scholarship for bachelor’s students is awarded to those who have completed all studies (180 credits) and submitted the related degree certificate request within a period of three years.
- The scholarship for master’s students is awarded to those who have completed all studies (180 + 120 credits) and submitted the related degree certificate request within a period of five years.
Students admitted to the School of Chemical Engineering to pursue a master’s degree:
- The scholarship for master’s students is awarded when all studies (120 cr) have been completed and the degree certificate request submitted within a period of two years.