Digital Business Master Class (47E00100) is a graduate-level intensive course (6 ECTS) focusing on digital technologies as tools for building businesses. The course is designed to support challenge-based learning: the live lectures are interactive, and students get to apply their knowledge to real-life company projects in international teams.
During the Digital Business Master Class, students explore topics including platform business models, data-intensive business, data-driven marketing and leadership in the digital age. In addition to business topics, students learn design thinking to build their project solutions.
Project work begins with individual background research in June, followed by intensive teamwork in July. More information on the course website:
The course consists of self-paced pre-work and post-work, and two intensive weeks of lectures and project work in teams.
7-18 June: Pre-work
- Self-paced course orientation
- Individual research for the team project
5-16 July: Lectures & Project work
- Daily lectures (Mon-Fri at 13:00-16:00). Mandatory attendance in some sessions (5.-6.7., 16.7.). Attendance at other sessions is strongly recommended, but lecture recordings will also be available.
- Teamwork on a company project.
By 30 July: Post-work
- Individual reflection on key takeaways, teamwork and course experience
Registration for the course is open until 30.4. through the application form (no Oodi registration): https://forms.office.com/r/WzQPj7hEii