Study of the United States Institutes (SUSI) for Scholars and Professionals are intensive 6-week, post-graduate level academic programs with integrated study tour with the purpose to provide Finnish university faculty, scholars, and other related professionals, the opportunity to deepen their understanding of American society, culture, values, and institutions. Programs take place between June-August, 2019 (specific dates will be announced later). Program related costs are covered. Program application is relatively short and easy to fill, deadline is December 16, 2018.
Altogether, there are 7 different institutions where applicants can apply.
1. American Culture and Values
2. American Politics and Political Thought
3. Contemporary American Literature
4. Journalism and Media
5. Religious Freedom and Pluralism
6. U.S. Foreign Policy
7. Youth, Workforce Development, and Closing the Skills Gap
More information about program: