We in School of Business are currently going through a process of renewing our portfolio of programmes. This year (2021) is the last intake in the Master’s admissions for the MIB programme in its current form. Starting from the Fall 2022, the current programme will be divided into two more focused programmes:
(1) People Management and Organizational Development and
(2) Strategic Management in a Changing World.
What does this mean to current students in the MIB programme?
Students currently in the MIB programme have two options:
- To complete the MIB programme in its current form. The Programme will be run without changes in 2021 – 2022. Then, even though the programme itself will be discontinued, you will be offered a selection of courses that will ensure that the learning outcomes of the current programme are met. Some of the existing courses will continue in the new programmes, some will be substituted with courses of the new programmes. Detailed information of each course is available in the spring 2022. Graduating from the MIB programme is possible until July 31, 2024. In this way, you will have sufficient time and opportunity to complete and graduate from the MIB programme.
- Starting from the autumn 2022 you will have an opportunity to transfer to one of the new programmes directly if you prefer them over the MIB Programme. Please note that it is not possible to transfer during the academic year 2021-2022. Please also note that many of the core courses will be the same or equivalent in the current MIB Programme and the two new programmes. For most students graduating from the MIB programme is the preferable option.
What does this mean to current students in the BSc programmes planning to continue in MIB?
BSc students graduating by July 31, 2022 can continue their studies towards a master’s degree in the MIB programme. BSc students planning to continue in the MIB programme have three options depending on the date of the graduation:
- Especially students graduating in 2021 and continuing in the MIB programme will have sufficient time and opportunity to graduate from the MIB programme and can follow the instructions above in the section 1.
- Students graduating in spring 2022 and continuing in the MIB programme might want to transfer to either of the new programmes in autumn 2022 and we advise to follow the instructions in the section 2 above. However, they can also graduate from the MIB programme until July 31, 2024.
- Students graduating August 2022 or later will choose either of the new programmes to continue their studies towards a Master’s degree.