Time: Monday 9 December 2019 at 12.15-16.00
Place: Lecture hall TU1, Maarintie 8, Otaniemi
Lecturer: Dr. Pekka Belt
The lecture provides doctoral candidates with an understanding of writing an article dissertation effectively once the related articles have been written. The lecture will help doctoral candidates in understanding the role of the separate articles and the dissertation as a whole.
After the lecture doctoral candidates will know what is required from an article dissertation and how to reach the goal as efficiently as possible while maintaining high standards. Doctoral candidates will have a good perception of dissertation requirements and structure.
The lecture is organized by the School of Science but doctoral candidates from all Aalto schools are welcome to attend.
Please note that no credits are given from this lecture.
- Structure of an article dissertation
- Perceiving the whole created by the articles
- General quality requirements and forms of dissertations in the School of Science
- Publication process
- Optimal order of writing
- Schedule for writing the compilation
- Writing the compiling part of an article dissertation
- Qulaity requirements and graduation process at Aalto
Questions: Katri Seitsonen, katri.seitsonen (at) aalto.fi