Research Ethics Course for Doctoral Students 26.5.-26.6.2017
Intended for doctoral students, recommended for first or second year doctoral students.
Online course: 26 May – 26 June 2017
At the completion of this course a doctoral candidate is able to:
- recognise and analyse key research ethical questions
- formulate ethical research plans and responses to ethical challenges by applying key
ethical theories and approaches
- recognise and understand key ethical principles guiding research and how they apply to research work
- understand the Finnish Responsible Conduct of Research guidelines, processes for
dealing with research misconduct, and processes for applying research license or ethical review
- identify rights and responsibilities as a researcher
- understand how ethical decisions and choices influence society and research community
Dr Henriikka Mustajoki is the course coordinator.
Mode of study
The course will be taught online (http://moodle.tsv.fi/). You will be sent an enrolment key to login. The course languages are English and Finnish (both languages are accessible on the same site). Most of the course is self-directed and allows for great flexibility with when and where it is done. However, assessments have strict deadlines.
1 ECTS, please check the course description here.
On questions regarding enrolment, you can contact Emma on email@example.com
On all other questions, you can contact Henriikka on firstname.lastname@example.org.