Scholarships to study in Slovakia 2013-14
Scholarships to study in Slovakia
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic supports study and research stays at universities and research
organisations. It supports two-way mobility — of foreign scholarship holders to Slovakia as well as of Slovak scholarship holders abroad.
What is offered?
- scholarships covering living costs
- related to a study stay (1 — 2 semesters) of foreign university students at a Slovak university during their Master studies
- related to a study/research stay (1 — 12 months) of PhD students from foreign universities/research organisations at a university or research organisation eligible to carry out PhD study programme in Slovakia during their PhD studies
- related to a lecture, research or artistic stay (1 — 12 months) of university teachers, researchers or artists from foreign universities/research
- organisations at a university, research organisation eligible to carry out PhD study programme or non-governmental organisation in Slovakia Individuals with permanent residence in Slovakia and citizens of the Slovak Republic studying or working at universities or research organisations abroad cannot apply for the Programme scholarship for foreign applicants.
How to apply?
Applicants shall apply on-line at www.scholarships.sk. System opens not later than 6 weeks before the deadline. After submitting on-line application form (with all attachments), applicant shall deliver original hard copy of host institution Invitation Letter to SAIA Bratislava before the deadline. Information concerning application forms and required documents can be found at the Programme website.
What are the deadlines for submitting application
- 30 April by 16:00 CET — scholarship stays for the next academic year
- 31 October by 16:00 CET — scholarship stays for the summer semester
of the running academic year