- appointing a new supervising professor or thesis advisor, after the start of the doctoral studies, but before the pre-examination begins;
- deciding on the degree language of the doctoral candidate and on the topic and language of the licentiate or doctoral thesis, if the change is done after the start of the doctoral studies, but before the pre-examination begins;
- confirming the study plans of doctoral candidates; however if, for example, the decision of an individual study plan requires wider discussion, the Chair can reassign the matter to the Doctoral Programme Committee.
- deciding on the time and language of the public examination of the doctoral dissertation and appointing the custos, if these have not been decided at the same time as the opponent or if they change; and
- confirming the full-time / part-time status of the doctoral candidate, if it changes after the start of the doctoral studies.
Members of the Doctoral Programme Committee 1.1.
2020 - 31.12.
|Professor Tapio LokkiAdam Foster, Chair||Department of Computer ScienceApplied Physics|
|Professor Jussi Rintanen (from 26.2.2019)||Department of Computer Science|
|Professor Adam FosterJan Holmström||Department of Applied PhysicsIndustrial Engineering and Management|
|Professor Alexander Engström, Vice Chair||Department of Mathematics and Systems Analysis|
|Professor Iiro Jääskeläinen (from 1.8.2019)||Department of Neuroscience and Biomedical Engineering|
|Professor Riitta Smeds||Department of Industrial Engineering and Management|
|Doctoral candidate Olli HalminenDoctoral candidate Antti Moilanen (year 2020)||Represents doctoral candidates at all departments|
|Professor Jan HolmströmTapio Takala||Department of Industrial Engineering and ManagementComputer Science|
|Professor Mathias Groth||Department of Applied Physics|
|Professor Paul Lillrank||Department of Industrial Engineering and Management|
|Professor Camilla Hollanti||Department of Mathematics and Systems Analysis|
|Professor Matias Palva||Department of Neuroscience and Biomedical Engineering|
|Doctoral candidate Chethana Dharmawardane (year 2020)||Represents doctoral candidates at all departments|
Secretary of the Doctoral Programme Committee: Koivunen