University Wide-Art Studies is seeking a course assistant for 1.12.2020 – 31.5.2021 (it is possible to extend the contract through the end of 2021).
Course assistant works as part of the University-Wide Art Studies (UWAS) working group, which offers transdisciplinary, arts-based courses open for all Aalto students.
As UWAS course assistant, you will help with course-related practicalities, coordinate UWAS courses’ special needs, and act as a link and support between teachers, staff, and administration. In addition, you will help to document UWAS’s activities.
- Coordinates the special needs of each UWAS course
- Works in cooperation with UWAS working group and UWAS teachers
- Reserves the required equipment for courses (takeout.aalto.fi)
- Assists UWAS teachers to use of the equipment if needed
- Helps with exhibition building or helps finding the needed support to build exhibitions
- Coordinates material needs with ARTS Infra workshop masters.
- Orders materials needed in courses
- Documents UWAS courses
- Helps to market and distribute information about UWAS on campus and social media
The position requires motivation as well as coordinating and cooperation skills. Self-directedness, promptness, and an ability to work in a changing environment are qualities that describe you. The position requires English skills and interest in assisting with various practical needs. Finnish skills are helpful but not required.
The position suits e.g. for a master’s degree student close to finishing their studies.
The position is part-time, 50 % (18 h 7,5 min / week). Actual weekly hours may vary depending on the number of courses and practical needs, but even out through the contract.
The salary is determined by Aalto University’s general collective agreement and is between 1.765 – 2.075 € per month depending on the number of credits completed (note: since the position is part-time, the actual salary will be half of these sums)
Please send you 1) application, and 2) CV to email@example.com by 21.10.2020.
Further information :
If you have any questions about the position, please contact University Lecturer and Director of University-Wide Art Studies Juuso Tervo: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 050-407 7837.