Advanced major studies 60 cr
Thesis 30 cr
|Elective studies 30 cr|
Aims of the Master of Arts (Art and Design) degree
The aim of the degree is to provide students with:
- good theoretical and general knowledge of as well as artistic and practical expertise in their field of study as well as a general knowledge of the field of arts;
- knowledge and skills needed for independent and demanding artistic work and for multidisciplinary collaboration as well as knowledge and skills needed to apply scientific knowledge and scientific methods;
- knowledge and skills to perform, both independently and collaboratively, demanding expert, development and management duties of the field, and to cooperate internationally;
- knowledge and skills needed for education leading to a Doctor of Arts (Art and Design) degree and for lifelong learning;
- good language and communication skills for work in the field of arts and for international operations and cooperation.
The education shall be based on scientific research and artistic activity and professional practices in the field.