Aalto 10K and 5K sports event 17 September, come along!
The traditional Aalto 10K and Aalto 5K takes place on Sunday 17 September 2017 at 12.00.
You can run, jog, walk, or Nordic walk the distance of your choice. Last year (2016) over 1600 Aalto members (staff, students and alumni) registered to join this free event and this year we are expecting at least the same amount of Aalto participants.
The Aalto 10K /5K is part of the Espoo Rantamarathon- weekend. The marathon and half-marathon takes place on Saturday 16 September 2017 and Aalto members are very welcome to take part in those as well with special price.
The start line for both events (Aalto 10K/5K and marathons) is at Espoo Otaranta, Otaniemi Campus (Otahalli area).
Before the race, there will be a joint warm up session for all participants, and a prize will be awarded to the Aalto Athlete of the Year (AYY prize).
All participants will receive a technical "Rantamaraton 2017" running shirt with university's logo on it.
It is good to know that Aalto 10K (10 km) and the marathons has official timing. 5K (5km) is without official timing.
Registration is now open! See instructions below!
- If you participate in Aalto 10K (10 km) or 5K (5km) there is no cost since the fee is paid by the Aalto University.
- Espoo Rantamarathon’s full- and half-marathon participation fee for Aalto University staff/students is 40€.
- Marathon fee is 0€ if you register as a volunteer official to work for few hours during either Friday 15 September or on Sunday 17 September at the Aalto 10K/5K event) Register as a volunteer, more info in here (into.aalto.fi) (Only limited no. of officials are needed).
- Registration for Aalto 10K and 5K is opened as of Mon 13 Feb 2017 at 9.00, and it ends on FRI 15 Sep 2017! Registration link is found in here at 9:00 am on 13 February: https://www.rantamaraton.fi/aaltokymppi/
- Registration for the marathon and half-marathon is opened as of Monday 13 Feb 2017 at 9.00, and it closes (at Aalto fee) on Sun 10 Sep 2017 at 23.59. Registration link is found in here at 9:00 am on 13 February: https://www.rantamaraton.fi/aaltokymppi/
Student number or place of work has to be provided on the registration form.
Volunteer as an official for the Aalto 10 K event
ATTN. ALL THE VOLUNTEER OFFICIAL PLACES ARE FILLED! (17.8.2017)
Jenni Ståhl, HR, email@example.com tel: 0505961099
Espoo marathon and half-marathon (rantamaraton.fi)
Photos: Jenni Ståhl, Aalto 10K/Aalto 5K 2016 event