You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

Version 1 Next »

The university offers study guidance at multiple levels.


Student advisors are available at your own school or degree programme

  1. Learning service planners, coordinators and study affairs secretaries are always there to help with any questions you many have related to studying.
  2. Programme planners and coordinators are the best informed about degree programme contents and degree requirements.
  3. Study affairs secretaries are responsible for the graduation process, for grouping studies, and for entering completed studies into the study attainment register.
  4. International planning officers may be contacted in all matters pertaining to international studies.
  5. Doctoral study planners may be contacted in matters pertaining to doctoral education.
  6. Peer advice: Student tutors can be of assistance especially when you are just starting out with university studies. Some degree programmes also employ a part-time study advisor. Study advisors are students who have advanced in their studies. You can turn to them with any questions relating to studies and studying or learning methods.
  7. Course teachers: Study guidance is also given in connection with teaching. Lecturers and assistants may be approached in matters involving studies. Course-specific study guidance is provided by the teacher of the course (professor, lecturers, assistants, etc.). As teachers generally have set hours for seeing students, so appointments should be made in advance.

    Some schools also have separate academic advising in order to increase teacher–student interaction and collaboration.


Swedish-language study guidance: General study advice is provided in Swedish by Pia Rydestedt LINKKI