Aalto 10km/5km event is traditional sports event for Aalto's staff, students and alumni. The event is arranged in mid-September as part of the Espoo Rantamaraton- weekend. Approx. 1500 members of Aalto participate to the event every year. You can run, jog, walk, or Nordic walk the distance of your choice- style is free, no pressure!
Programme of Espoo Rantamaraton weekend 15-16 September 2018
Saturday, 15 September
- Marathon and half-marathon with timing (start 12:00). Discounted price 40€/person for Aalto personnel, students and alumni. You will receive marathon free of charge in case you will
Sunday, 16 September
- 1K for the kids (9:00 am onwards,this event is subject to charge) See more info in here. (rantamaraton.fi)
- Aalto 10km with timing (start 12:00). Free of charge for Aalto personnel, students and alumni.
- Aalto 5km no timing (start 11:50 am ). Free of charge for Aalto personnel, students and alumni.
The start line for both events (Aalto 10km/5km and marathons) is at Espoo Otaranta, Otaniemi Campus (Otahalli area).
Before the race, there will be a joint warm up session for all participants, and a prize will be awarded to the Aalto Athlete of the Year (AYY student union's prize). Kindly arrive in good time before the race starts since there might be queues!
All participants will receive a technical "Rantamaraton" running shirt with university's logo on it.
Registration link for the Aalto's personnel, students and alumni will be opened on 12 February 2018 at 9:00 am.
- Aalto 10km/5km (Sunday 16 September)
Register through the link found in here https://www.rantamaraton.fi/aalto-10km-ja-aalto-5km/in-english/
- Marathons (full or half) (Saturday 15 September)
Students, staff and alumni of Aalto University are able to join the marathons with discounted price of 40€/person. In order to get your marathon with discunted price follow the registration link found in here: https://www.rantamaraton.fi/aalto-10km-ja-aalto-5km/in-english/
Kindly read the Aalto 10K description of file before registering.
Good to know!
In case you wish to run with your spouse or friends outside Aalto University, you can ask your spouse or friends to register to the "Rantakymppi" (10km) and/or "Rantavitonen" (5km)- races.They are exactly the same races as Aalto 10km and Aalto 5km, arranged simultaneously, just with different name.
Also, your family/friends needs to pay the participation fee and register following to the normal registration procedure set by the Espoo Rantamaraton organisation.
More info on the prices and races of Espoo Rantamaraton in here: https://www.rantamaraton.fi/
More information on Aalto 10km & 5km
Anne Petroff, email@example.com