1. Familiarise yourself with the selection
Minor selection in the academic year 2017–2018 can be found here: Minors 2018-2020
Some minors at Aalto require an application, while others are open for all. See the presentation of each minor for information on the target group and the application procedure.
Some courses at Aalto require an application, while others are open for all. See Elective courses
2. Familiarise yourself with preliminary requirements
The applicant must fulfill the possible preliminary requirements or other conditions for successful accomplishment set for a specific course. The applicant may simultaneously apply for a study right for the course granting the preliminary requirements and for the following course, and after gaining the study right, will take the courses in the required order.
3. Get the minor approved as part of your Personal Study Plan
In your application, you must include your approved personal study plan (PSP) indicating that the minor applied for has been approved as part of your study plan. Without an approved PSP, the application will be rejected at the receiving School. PSP under the status of "primary" or "being approved" is not considered an approved PSP.
Granting a study right at the receiving School does not mean that the student can automatically include the studies as part of his/her degree. It is the responsibility of the student to make sure that the minor can be included as part of of his/her degree by approving it in his/her Personal Study Plan (PSP) before applying for the study right.
Get the minor approved as part of your Personal Study Plan well in advance before applying!
If you’re applying for a study right for numerous minors during the same application period, please update all of these minors in your Personal Study Plan in one way or another. For example, you can mark in the additional information of your minor: “or alternatively minor X, minor X, minor X or minor X”.
4. Fill in the application
- Go to the application form: https://eage.aalto.fi/?ff/en/aalto_mobility_2018_Nov_courses
- Log in by using your Aalto username and password.
- Fill in the application. Please check particularly carefully that the details of the course/minor applied for are correct.
- Remember to include your personal study plan (HOPS) and any other appendices required (on a separate tab).
- Save the application.
- Remember to send the application.
- With one application, it is only possible to apply to one minor. If you want to apply a study right for numerous minors/courses, you have to submit a separate application for each minor.